Do you know what to look for when buying a toaster oven? You may be surprised by how much or how little you know. To help you get the best buy for your money, we’ve put together a few things you’ll want to consider before making your purchase.
Toaster ovens are becoming more popular than ever because of their versatility. They come in a variety of sizes and with many features. Knowing what features are available will help you narrow the list of toaster ovens that you want to compare when purchasing.
Three of the most important things you’ll need to consider are what you will be cooking in the oven, how much counter space or storage room you have available, and how much you’d like to pay.
When considering size and usage, ask yourself if the toaster oven be used in a small university dorm where it will be heating up frozen entrees or will it be used as a second oven for roasting turkeys during the holidays? Will it be your main source of cooking, baking or roasting or will it be stored except on special occasions?
The final thing to consider is how much money you want to spend on your toaster oven. Generally, the smaller the oven and the fewer features you need the lower the price will be. If you need features that are more advanced or a large cooking area, you can expect to pay more. That’s why knowing the answers to the above questions, before you purchase, will help you select the toaster oven that is best for you.
Here are a few features to consider when shopping for a toaster oven.
- Auto Eject Rack – Tray slides out when door is opened
- Auto Shut Off – Automatically shuts off after 30 to 60 minutes
- Crumb tray – Front or back slide out
- Cleaning – Non stick interior or self cleaning
- Rotisserie – Larger whole meats
- Convection – Fan distributes heat evenly, baking and roasting
- Broiler – Cooking meats
- Browning – Different settings for toasting
- Controls – Digital display with touchpad or control knobs
- Depth, height clearance – Large or small pizzas, 6 slices of toast or 2
- Defrost Setting – Defrost meat evenly
- Infrared Heat – Halogen bulb for faster cooking
Now that you know more about what to look for when buying a toaster oven, it’s time to compare a few of the most popular brands and styles. Just click the link below to download our comparison chart.
Download now: Toaster Oven Comparison Chart (930)